Terrain Scouts Trail Challenges
The Terrain Scouts challenge platform is a new type of activity challenge based upon the completion of specific routes or trails within a community. Completely customizable to anywhere in the world, Terrain Scouts offers the unique opportunity for people to get out, discover, and experience the selected trails. It gamifies your local trails to drive people to new locations, deliver unique messaging, and interact with their local trail community and supporting businesses.
Summer or winter, the challenges are designed for participants to rediscover their favorite trails, learn about new or lesser-known trails, push their limits, and recreate locally.
Choose your trails and the duration of time needed for registration and the challenge. It's built for your needs!
The Terrain Scouts platform is fully customizable to fit your brand's look and feel including imagery, logos, colors, and fonts, both on the challenge pages and in emails.
Once registered, participants connect to one of the many activity tracking devices or apps that are offered and then hit the trails, it's that simple!
Engage With Your Trail Community - Extended and Often
Terrain Scouts is built to maximize participant touchpoints throughout the challenge experience.
- Text Messaging - Sent at the completion of a trail or upon earning a Promoted Trail reward
- Emails - Customizable schedule, design, imagery, logos, and content
- Participant discussion boards
- Social media integrations
Use Imagery to Promote a Sponsor, Describe a Location, or Simply Inspire
Support Local Businesses and Trail Advocacy Organizations
Our local trails are dependent on the support from local trail advocacy organizations and businesses. A Terrain Scouts trail challenge provides an opportunity to include them in the challenge and for them to benefit from increased awareness, foot traffic, donations and revenvue.
- Promoted Trail text messaging and emails provide reason to repeatedly visit local businesses and retailers
- Create awareness of local trail advocacy organizations and the incredible work they do
- Ability to fundraise via participant donations
- Encourage proper trail stewardship
Businesses and Trail Advocacy Organizations We Collaborate With:
- Oboz Footwear, REI, Public Lands, Mammoth Lakes Tourism, Whole Earth Provision, Tahoe Mountain Sports, Outdoor Gear Exchange, Brown's Shoe Fit, Schnee's, Eventus EXP.
- Allegheny Land Trust, Arc of Appalachia, Bridger Ski Foundation, Eastern Sierra Interpretive Association, Friends of the Inyo, Friends of Metro Parks, Gallatin Valley Land Trust, Green Mountain Club, Hill Country Conservancy, Mammoth Lakes Recreation, Poudre Wilderness Volunteers, Rachel Carson Trails Conservancy, Trail Pittsburgh, Truckee Donner Land Trust, Truckee Trails Foundation.